Costs Breakdown of Driving Yourself
Let’s break down the costs of driving your car and compare it to hiring American Auto Transport:
- Fuel Costs: Driving from Kentucky to Colorado would cover approximately 1,200 miles. Assuming an average fuel efficiency of 25 miles per gallon and a national gas price of $3.50 per gallon, you would spend about $168 on gas for a one-way trip.
- Maintenance and Wear & Tear: Such a long journey can lead to wear and tear on your car, potentially resulting in maintenance and repair costs that could easily surpass $300 or more.
- Accommodation: If you opt for a non-stop drive, you might need to stay at a hotel, which can cost an additional $100 or more.
- Food and Snacks: Over the course of the trip, meals and snacks can add up to around $50 or more.
- Tolls: Tolls on the route could amount to an extra $20 or more.
Total Estimated Cost to Drive: $638 (including fuel, maintenance, accommodation, food, and tolls).
Considering this cost breakdown, hiring American Auto Transport for your car shipping needs from Kentucky to Colorado emerges as the wiser financial decision. Their typical service rates range from $800 to $1,200 for this route, offering substantial savings compared to the expenses associated with driving. What’s more, their services come with the added advantage of insurance coverage, ensuring the protection of your vehicle during transit.
By choosing American Auto Transport, you can avoid the financial burdens of fuel, maintenance, accommodation, food, and tolls. Furthermore, this decision saves you valuable time, prevents your car from enduring unnecessary wear and tear, and provides the peace of mind that comes with professional service. It is the more cost-effective choice for this journey, allowing you to both save money and avoid the hassles and stresses of a long road trip.