Costs Breakdown of Driving Yourself
Let’s break down the costs of driving your car and compare it to hiring American Auto Transport:
- Fuel Costs: A one-way trip from Kentucky to New York covers around 750 miles. Assuming an average fuel efficiency of 25 miles per gallon and a national average gas price of $3.50 per gallon, you’d spend about $105 on gas.
- Maintenance and Wear & Tear: On a long journey like this, your car may require maintenance, including an oil change, tire rotation, and general wear and tear repairs. These costs can easily reach $250 or more.
- Accommodation: If you decide to drive the distance in one go, you might need a hotel stay. With an average nightly rate of $100, this adds an extra $100 to your expenses.
- Food and Snacks: Over the course of the trip, meals and snacks can cost you approximately $50 or more.
- Tolls: Tolls along the way can add an extra $20 or more to your costs.
Total Estimated Cost to Drive: $525 (including fuel, maintenance, accommodation, food, and tolls).
In contrast, when you consider the cost breakdown, it becomes clear that choosing American Auto Transport for car shipping from Kentucky to New York is a wiser financial choice. Their estimated service fee, which typically ranges from $500 to $800 for this route, not only provides substantial cost savings compared to driving, but also includes insurance coverage, ensuring the safety of your vehicle during transit.
By opting for their professional services, you can avoid the financial burdens associated with fuel, maintenance, accommodation, food, and tolls. Additionally, it saves you valuable time and spares you the wear and tear on your car. American Auto Transport offers a reliable and efficient means of transporting your car, making it the smart financial choice for this journey.