Buying a new car or upgrading the old one might be exciting, but you need to beware of the additional expenses. If you are shipping a car to Florida, you should find out if you will be paying any taxes on the shipping charges. The only taxable delivery charges in Florida are those in the sales price of physical personal assets. Furthermore, the charges must be provided on a bill or sales invoice. Therefore, the cost of shipping a vehicle to Florida is non-taxable.
Auto Transport Rates
You will need an average of $ 1650 to ship a car from one destination to another across the U.S. The cost can lie between $ 1200 and $ 2100, depending on the distance and shipping company. However, you can find some companies charging as low as $ 700. In addition, the price you pay primarily depends on the distance you want to ship your auto since many shipping companies charge per mile. Furthermore, enclosed transportation is more expensive than an open one.
Factors Influencing Car Shipment Costs
Total mileage across the Country is the primary factor determining the cost of shipping a vehicle. The following are additional determining factors:
The Shipping Season
Your Shipping Timeline
Type of Transport
Your Vehicle’s Condition
Fuel Type and Cost
Car Shipping Costs by Size
Vehicle size is a primary factor determining shipping costs for various reasons. First, large autos occupy more room and limit space for other cars in the transporter. Additionally, larger cars are heavier, limiting the carrier’s capacity to carry more weight.
All transport services must adhere to the U.S Department of Transportation on maximum freight weight; 80 000 pounds. With that, a carrier can only haul about five to nine cars at a go.
Car Shipping Charges by Freight
While the transporter is the most popular and common car shipping mode, you can use many other options. However, each option comes with its conditions. Below are more car shipping methods:
A Freight Train
Car Shipping FAQ's
- Military discounts- retired and active military persons enjoy this discount from many transport companies to appreciate their services to the Country.
- Snowbird discounts- you may qualify for these discounts for standard vehicle shipping rates between winter and spring.
- First responder discount- some companies appreciate their first responders with a discount.
- Early bird discount- you may earn a discount from some shipping companies if you complete your booking 48 hours after receiving a transportation quotation.
- First-time car shippers- some companies offer first-time shippers a discount to encourage them to return.
- Shipping saves you time compared to driving.
- You can avoid putting miles on your auto by shipping it across.
- Sometimes, the weather can give you a hard time while driving, so it’s better to ship the car.
- You can save money by shipping your car rather than driving it. You may qualify for discounts.
- Read customer reviews.
- Ensure that the company is insured, bonded and licensed.
- Check the company’s accreditation.
- Go for quality as opposed to price.
- Pay attention to all the details.