Matson has standard rules that must be in effect for your car to be loaded onto one of their transport ships. You’re going to need to make sure that your vehicle:
- Is thoroughly cleaned and emptied, inside and out
- Is fully functional and drivable
- Has less than ¼ of a tank of gas
- Has a functioning emergency brake
- Has intact — absolutely no breaks or cracks — windshield and windows
Additionally, absolutely no personal items can remain inside the car, regardless of whether they’re in the trunk or the passenger compartment. The only exceptions are the spare tire, a tire jack, and the Owner’s Manual for the vehicle. Subwoofers may remain in the trunk, provided they are securely bolted in; likewise, a roof rack may remain in place, so long as it, too, is properly secured. Also, you can leave car and infant seats in the passenger compartment, so long as they are securely buckled into the seat. Under no circumstances are you allowed to ship propane tanks or fire extinguishers.